Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Small Sample of This Week's Harvest


Onions, broccoli, green beans (we're getting about 60 green beans per day now), green onions, green peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, and our first cucumber of the season.

I can't begin to describe how magical and spiritual I think this whole process is. What a profound privilege to take part in the wonder of creation. It might sound weird if you've never gardened, but it's seriously incredible. I'm addicted.

(By the way, notice that corn is conspicuously absent from the picture. We have a sinister, furry fiend that apparently loves corn as much as we do. I have a trap set tonight, so with any luck I'll be posting what should be a highly entertaining video tomorrow.)

3 comments:

Anaise said...

"I can't begin to describe how magical and spiritual I think this whole process is . . ."

Yeah, that's true!

Judy Francisco said...

This is FABULOUS! What a beautiful array of sustenance from 'The Good Earth'... :)

I am SO IMPRESSED by all my gardening children!

singin'mama said...

I totally agree! It is very spiritual. There is something so special about eating what you've worked so hard to grow.I look forward to the video. Dad was telling me about the vermin trouble.